National Council for Educational Research and Training (NCERT) is a valuable source of information for school students. Being an autonomous body of the Indian government, NCERT is committed to delivering credible information, beneficial for school students and students preparing for competitive examinations. NCERT provides books for classes 1st to 12th. A person can download the books at free of cost.
Moreover, with the advent of technology, there are numerous options besides downloading the books from NCERT website. Here, we have listed the complete procedure on how to download NCERT books for class 11th.
Different Modes of Learning with NCERT
Gone are the days when you just had the option of buying the printed books from the market. Nowadays, due to technological advancement, learning methods have evolved. There are numerous ways of pursuing your dream of studying and learning.
But still, if you have access to printed NCERT books, it is the best option for you. As NCERT books are the cheapest and the best, you should not consider any other option for your studying purpose. Of course, you can buy other books to supplement your knowledge.
If you are more tech-savvy, you can consider following options for downloading or reading NCERT class 11th books in digital mode:
As the smartphone users and internet access increases exponentially, NCERT has utilized this factor for learning purposes. It provides Android app, iOS app, and Windows app for smartphones powered by different operating systems. Now, you can study while you are traveling or when you are sitting in the café with your friends. You can download the apps from the official NCERT website or respective app stores.
This approach is similar to the printed textbooks. The only difference is that these books are available in digital format. NCERT provides an option of accessing the textbooks in flipbook format on E-Pathshala website. Just visit the website, browse through the class 11th books in flipbook format. Open them and start reading as usual. When you access books on E-Pathshala, you get the same experience as with the textbooks. But, in a flipbook format, you are supporting an environment cause as well. You are contributing towards saving paper.
Download NCERT Books for Class 11th in PDF
If you are keen on downloading NCERT books, follow the procedure listed below:
- Visit the official website of NCERT website. Although the books are available on other websites as well, you should always rely on the official website. It is the safe and secure medium of downloading the books. Moreover, NCERT clearly states that it own the copyrights for all the publications. So, if you want to download class 11th books, visit the official website
- Here, you will find a link “Publications” on the main horizontal menu. Under the “Publication” link, you will find a sub-category, “PDF (I-XII)”. Click on this link
- After this, you will be redirected to a new webpage
- Here, you have to select your class. In this case, select “Class XI”. After this, you will be asked to select the desired subject
- The following subject is listed under “Class XI” link:
- Political Science
- Heritage Crafts
- Business Studies
- Graphics Design
- Select the subject, or subjects, that you want to download
- In the next section, select your desired language. The books are available in three languages – Hindi, English, and Urdu. Some of the books may be available in only two, or one, language. You can select your preferred language and click on “Go” link
- On the next page, you can either download particular chapters or download the complete book. Choice is yours
By following the above procedure, you can download NCERT books for class 11th in PDF. You can also use other online modes of learning as well.